Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reading 5: Locative-Media Artists

While reading Locative-Media Artists in the Contested-Aware City, I came across the explanation of top-down systems and bottom-up systems. I became very confused with both aspects, the examples that were giving were difficult to apprehend. For the bottom-up system, I feel it reference to search engines like google or yahoo where you can type something in on the fly and find results. I'm not too sure if that's what it was referring to. As well for the top-down system I'm still confused as for the example.
Continuing the reading it makes the statement of the rise of mobile phones and/or smart phones creating awareness for many users. I myself use my phone to find a navigate my way through any situations. If I see a billboard that promotes a new movie, out of curiosity, I would jump on my phone and look it up either watching a trailer or reading a synopses. I even would then look for the closest theater and get directions leading me to that same theater.
Next what I found interesting of what could be possible in the near future is the invention of "Geo-Annotation." Geo-Annotation could possible be the future for advertisement, when walking by a restaurant or even an outlet store you can access deals or sales that the store is promoting. This evolution can bring a new change in society and how it operates. To be able to receive knowledge on a location will be amazing and very productive as well as fortunate to businesses to the average visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment