Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Craig Kapp

Craig Kapp came to class and talked about Augmented Reality. At first I didn't know what to really think until he showed us a simple Valentines day card. He set up a camera connected to his computer, uploaded a certain program and the next thing I know the characters on the page pop out and start preforming. At that point I was sucked in, i was seriously at the edge of my seat wondering what else he has to show us, and after seeing that card I know what kind of card I'm gonna get my girlfriend for her birthday.

The revolution of Augmented Reality is defiantly going to be our near future. One iphone game app he has showed us made me seek it out. The app was a game where you can go and hunt ghost located with in an area near you. You use your iphone or ipod touch and hold it up near the area until you see the image of the ghost. Then on the screen you attack and capture it. This game app remind me of a game for the PSP that is all to real in its concept. It's a mix between Pokemon and the app Craig introduced us too. They game helps you track monsters within your home, and once you find it you try and capture it, once caputred you can then use the creature to battle with your friends .

Augmented reality isn't just for entertainment purposes only, they are also used for educational uses as well. Craig show us the learning use of this new age of technology. It can show diagrams and and processes in the use of text books to help explain certain diagrams as a more interactive image. He then showed us a pop out memorization game little children can play and help with their motor skills as they develop. As the future continues, technology improves and from what I saw what augmentative reality today has for us, makes me want to stick around to see what and how this technology is going to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment